Jan 31, 2014

News from the Truly Strange

I snagged this (thanks to Sev) from http://dangerousminds.net/comments/man_buried_riding_his_harley_davidson_motorcycle



84-year old Bill Standley of Mechanicsburg, Ohio, was buried in a plexiglass / wood coffin while “riding” his 1967 Harley-Davidson motorcycle while sporting a helmet, leather jacket and boots. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before.
According to Columbus Dispatch:
It was a funeral he started planning 18 years ago, well before he could have known about the lung cancer that killed him on Sunday at age 84.
“This was his dream,” said one of his daughters, Dorothy Brown. “He was a one-of-a-kind.”

3 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I saw this yesterday and thought how creepy.

And then I felt bad for the undertaker/mortician or whoever had to place him on that bike for burial.

Unknown said...

I guess he really can take it with him...

Anonymous said...

Ride hard, ride free. We'll all be riding with you one day. RIP