Aug 22, 2017

Marketing BS

followyourheart

Of course, riding naked like this dweeb could incur a whole different set of costs: injury, death, and medical bankruptcy. Not to mention, going broke paying for a $20k piece of garage candy. The “Why We Ride” twits tweeted this one tonight and it caught me in a bad mood.

I used to work for a music school that adopted that “follow your heart’ bullshit in the last couple of years I was there. That whole “happy thought” line of crap is beginning to get on my nerves. I just spent a few hours with a collection of old guys who have followed their musical hearts for the last 40 years. Now, a couple of them live in their parent’s basements, one lives in the lead singer’s basement, and they are all scrambling to make their bills and child support payments by doing 5-8 gigs a week; averaging less than minimum wage in the process. It might look cool from a distance, but it’s depressing up close.


No comments: