Apr 29, 2013

Backing Myself Up

For the last decade, everything I've written for Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly magazine was archived on the magazine's website and on my own site. There is a chance that Comcast is going to eliminate the users' webpage feature (hardly any customers use it and it hasn't been available for new customers for several years). When that happens, that history will be gone because MMM's website is pretty much a clusterfuck and doesn't appear to be on the path to getting better any time soon. That puts me in a pretty awkward position and I'm too old for almost any of the stuff in the Kama Sutra. Hell, I'm probably too old to be able to read the damn thing.

So, I'm thinking about scheduling a reposting of every one of my past Geezer columns right here in this blog. Google doesn't seem to be going anywhere (no offense, to Larry Page and Sergey Brin in case they are lurking) and I'd like to know where some of my stuff is in case I have yet another of my many computer disasters in the future. So, if there is no immediate outrage at the thought of having to suffer through my 125-or more non-blogged essays, I'm going to be cutting-and-pasting a crap load of stuff from my ancient past (1999 to 2013) right here over the next 100-and-something days. I might even repost some of the product and bike reviews here, if that's acceptable.

Thanks for your patience, as always.

Tom

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Frankly, that sounds awesome. Looking forward to it!

T.W. Day said...

Thank you. I'm going to post oldest to most recent.

Anonymous said...

Love to see older articles here, but if you are looking for an archival location why not try google drive, or dropbox? You can even synch them with local copies on your PC, so you are guaranteed to have them in two places (local and cloud).

Randy Fujishin said...

Thanks, Tom!

Your blogs and articles are some of the most honest, eloquent, and humorous on the Internet.

You are the ONLY author/blogger I check EVERYDAY!

Thank you for the time, energy, and masculine insight. Your writing is food for my soul.

Randy Fujishin

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Thanks for your insightful, humorous, and eloquent writing. You are the ONLY Internet author/blogger I look forward to reading EVERYDAY!

Your writing is food for my soul.

Randy Fujishin

T.W. Day said...

I'm pretty secure in my history procedures. Mostly, I'm trying to put these articles where they can be found in case the MMM archives never comes back. The blog is the obvious place, assuming no one who is subscribed is irritated by my old stuff. And by "irritated" I mean disturbed by being sent these old articles on a regular basis. I just assume that I'm pissing off someone everytime I put a word into the public sphere.