Apr 20, 2012

Swappin' Rides

The DL650 sat for a while, at least a month, without a glance. Yesterday, I was due to make about 4 short trips--from 8 miles to 30 miles each--in an afternoon, along with hauling some gear. I decided to park the WR and go with my cruiser. I totally overestimated my toughness or underestimated the weather. Man, it was brisk Thursday! And wet. At about 4PM, I really could have used my electric gear on the way back from the southwest burbs. The bigger shield, the fairing, and even the crash bars kept me slightly warmer than I might have been and the extra hp get me back to civilization (in doors and with a beer in my hand) a bit faster. If I were commuting a lot further, I'd probably ride the DL a lot more often. As it is, it's hard to think about getting rid of a motorcycle that is so versatile and practical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to dress for the weather around here too. Below freezing in the morning and than 70s and 80s in the afternoon. Plus, the early warm weather means all the backroads are still covered with sand like the beach. Need some real rain to wash the roads off.

T.W. Day said...

We're in the same boat, although we got a good bit of rain last weekend. Today was 45F on the way in and, now, it's about 70F. Good thing I have vents. -)