Apr 14, 2011

Fleeting Fame

Fame is fleeting, but infamy lives forever. This year, I experienced a little of both:

I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk, "I'm in the phonebook!"

Actually, it's pretty cool being in an Aerostich catalog. The rest of the Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly staff has decorated the magazine's illustrous pages for years. Now, I'm there too (3rd from top, far right).

If I had to snag any picture of myself that moment, standing on the watchtower at North Dakota's Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park with the Missouri River in the background, would have been high on the list. My mostly-off-road trip around North Dakota in 2009 was one of the coolest motorcycle trips of my life. It was a real adventure and nothing but good things happened to me while I hung out around Bismark, ND.

No comments: